The winter holidays are my favorite season and I love buying gifts for my friends and family. But with the wedding coming up and a more restricted budget, I'm very conscious these days about buying thoughtful handmade (not necessarily by me!) gifts and spending my money on items from makers and small businesses. I've chosen items that you can either buy to make for your favorite people, snazz up a larger present, or simply give as-is!
1. Bento Bags from Fringe Supply Co. - Use these lovely handmade bags as wrapping themselves in the furoshiki tradition and fill with the items needed to make a whole project, or give a few of these in several sizes to your favorite knitter.
3. Knitted With Love Rubber Stamp by Chatty Press -- Your stationary-collecting friend who also happens to give away almost everything she knits will love this addition to her cabinet of curiosities!
4. Autumn Mini Skein Set from havirland - Start your loved one's Cozy Memories Blanket off right by giving them this mini skein set of lovely jewel tones.
5. Winter's Sweater Washi Tape from StickersKingdom - Use it yourself to decorate your packages this holiday or send to a friend who loves mail almost as much as you do!
6. Pizza Slice Stitch Marker Set from Andre Sue Knits - Buy a set and break it up between five different packages or give the whole set as a gift to one special pizza lover.
7. Black Cat Tote by Leah Goren - This artistic tote can carry a loved one's biggest knitting projects. Up to you whether you fill it with tissue paper or knitting goodies before handing it off!
8. Motto Cross Stitch from SatsumaStreet - Make for your friend who lives by this dogma or give the pattern and what he or she needs to stitch it for themselves. Either way, it makes a statement!
If you purchase any of these items from my recommendation, please let me know in the comments below! I'm not affiliated or sponsored by any of the businesses above, I just love their products!
Support small business this holiday season.